Monday 15 February 2010

Valentine’s Day - I Know How To Show a Girl a Good Time

I’m beginning to think this blogging is bad for my dating drive. I’ve hardly had a date since I started! So I was very disappointed at myself this Valentine’s Day to find I had not secured so much as even a sniff of a date. But immediately after decided that this would not hold me back from enjoying a little champagne and watching some chick flicks. Actually, it wasn’t so much a flick as a TV series, Lost in Austen - which is this if you haven’t heard of it. True indulgence!

There’s a great line near the beginning where Amanda (the main character) says to her mum that what she loves about Pride and Prejudice is the manners, that it’s become part of who she is - that she has standards. Her mum replies that she hopes her standards helps her on with her coat when she’s 70. Note to self - stop becoming a character in a drama based on a character in a book!

No comments:

Post a Comment