Wednesday 24 February 2010

Love Is a Many Squandered Thing

I'm not great fan of Cheryl Cole - by which I mean that her contribution to the world of entertainment hardly registers in my world rather than an active dislike of her - but she certainly seems to be going through a hard time. Married for 4 years and cheated on for what seems like a minimum of 5 times. For someone considered so beautiful and is an official 'nation's sweatheart' marital bliss has eluded her.

I'm always surprised by infidelity. I can quite understand the odd mistake, drunken flings or moments of weakness when a relationship hits bad times. But calculated cheating is unfathomable to me as I can't understand how someone could possibly cope with the guilt. Lying is difficult when you have to do it. Why you'd consider it as a lifestyle choice is beyond me.

But I also consider it from a new perspective these days, being single. I've seen many a person lose someone they later claim they loved due to their cheating and I can't help but despair at how little they seemed to value what they had. They know afterwards of course, when it's gone, but that's too bad.

For those who would love to have someone special in their life, there is a recognition that love is not a right or a guarantee in this life. That people who have it and squander it is kind of sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment