Thursday 5 February 2009

Other People's Relationship Disasters - And Me

Another day, another excuse as to why I haven’t done any online dating yet. I’ve got a sort of an excuse though, albeit a lame one. This last week, I have been far too closely involved in two people’s relationship problems. Friend number 1 is going through a break up with someone who has suddenly developed the emotional age of a 3 year old. Don’t get me wrong, he was hardly my favourite bloke in the world before hand but even I’m amazed at the shocking decline. Watching the heartbreak is painful in itself.

Second friend has given me deeper cause for concern, principally because the incident became so personal to me. I went round her and her partner’s house for the evening, only for her to get totally bladdered and accuse her boyfriend and myself of there being something going on! Nothing could be further from the truth and he is the last guy IN THE WORLD that I would even consider it with. Trouble is, how do you defend yourself with something like that? It’s going to cause further offence and then you’re in deeper than you were before.

So, both other people’s problems. But they’ve really made me value the lack of - relationship induced - complications in my life at the moment! Not really what I needed in terms of online dating motivation. I’m hoping that this week will provide something, anything(!) to get me started.

Any suggestions???

No comments:

Post a Comment