Sunday 8 February 2009

I've Done It!

I’ve signed up and got started. I’m officially dating. What was good was that I didn’t even have to leave the house to do it. What was bad was writing that wretched, embarrassing, demeaning profile bit. How would I know what I’m like? Anything I do know about myself should not be revealed to strangers, so it’s all a bunch of lies (well some of it anyway). It’s pointless and yet completely necessary at the same time.

So what am I expecting? I’m really having to force myself not to expect the same as last time I did this, I have to say. Last time was ruined (within weeks) by an absolute nutter, and quite a scary one too. I like to think that this time I would recognise the warning signs. Warning signs such as:

1) Conversation that pretty much stuck to how much women got their own way all the time thanks to their feminine wiles.
2) Describing his divorce in minute and bitter detail.
3) Sending emails demanding to know why I haven’t agreed to see him again.
4) Followed by emails that claim I ensnare men for my psychological experiments.

As a disclaimer I would like to state that I have never, ever conducted experiments on men. Not for psychological reasons or for pleasure.

I hope you can see why I would like to avoid this type like the plague this time round. I will update when I have some news!

No comments:

Post a Comment