Thursday 14 January 2010

Snow Dating

Apparently, sign ups to mysinglefriend.com have surged with all the snow we’ve been having. Stuck in and hindered in their attempts to nip off to the pub, I guess the single people of Britain have had too much time to ponder the state of their love lives. That said, I thought that this site’s ‘USP’ was to get a friend to recommend you and to big you up in that special way that only a friend can (call me a cynic but you’d have to choose your friend wisely).

So turns out, these sign ups may well have been stuck indoors thinking too much about their single friend’s love lives! This would not surprise me in the least seeing as I am almost permanently enraged by the fact that friends/family/everyone else likes to get so involved in single people’s love lives. Getting them to go on dates against their will would be the next logical conclusion.

But I doubt that’s how it works, I’m guessing you have to be involved in some way. I hope that these people have thought it through though. God knows when the snow is going to bugger off and I’m sick of dicing with a smashed coccyx every time I pop to the shop - I doubt I‘d risk it for a date. That’s a price I won’t pay for love!

No comments:

Post a Comment